Determining What Problems I Have
It helped to not only describe what happened and how I felt, but the circumstances it occurred. This help to determine what was stressing me so I could make changes. A Health Journal helps to see the patterns in what was happening to me. Remember that it takes many days to see patterns in your life.
- Write down physical, emotional, and mental symptoms
- Time of day
- Did I feel better in the morning, afternoon, or evening?
- Location (outside, at a concert etc.)
- Where do I feel the best?
- Medication taking and dose (if any)
- How does my medication level affect how I am feeling?
- How was my energy level? How did it change?
- Were you feeling pressured, stressed?
- What did you eat? High sugar? Preservatives?
- Were you around any chemicals, perfumes?
- Physical activity (had you been rushing around?)
- Did you have any allergic reactions?
- Had you eaten on time or gone to bed late?
- Were you around anything different? animals? plants?
- What was different?
- Anything else you feel might be important.
My doctor suggested that I keep a health journal to help determine when I need extra medication. It has really helped me. Simply write down when you feel tired, anxious, or any other problem. Put in the date and time and any circumstances- what you have been doing, exposed to, eaten, emotional stress. See if there are any patterns and discuss your observations and questions with your doctor. This gives him more information to help you adjust your medication.
Identifying Chemicals that Make me Ill
I have been avoiding chemicals for several months and am feeling much better. I have a lot more energy now. I am also more even tempered. When I am around perfumes or other chemicals, I become very depressed. It takes a few days to feel better and about two weeks to feel like myself again. Though I'm not going IN anywhere, I'm thoroughly enjoying being OUTSIDE.The fewer stresses I have in my life, the better I feel. Keeping a journal has given me an understanding what is a stress to me. It really has helped me live a happier life.