Sunday, February 1, 2015

Have you been diagnosed with Addison's Disease?

I have had the blood test to see what my production of cortisone was ; the results -- "no detectable level" of cortisone.  Yes, I have been diagnosed with Addison's Disease (very, very low adrenal function) .  You have to remember that losing adrenal function can be a slow declining process. You can have many of the symptoms but milder and less frequently when your adrenal glands are stressed but still functioning. At this point, avoiding stress, rest, good nutrition, and relaxation can help the adrenal gland to heal.

2 comments:

  1. Is there such a test? My doctors tell me that since I have Addison's disease, my cortisol levels will always be low. I often wonder if I'm taking enough cortisone. ๐Ÿ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lived with Addisons for over 20 years. It wasn't so bad when I was young but now with osteoporosis there is more joint and back pain, but I'm not complaining. I have had a fruitful live and enjoy many hobbies.

    ReplyDelete