Monday, August 8, 2016

Tests for Low Adrenal Function

Here are some good sites that tell about the tests available to help diagnose low adrenal function. I had a blood test which showed that my body produced "no detectable level of cortisone".  My doctor also listen to my symptoms and we decided to try a test of my taking a small amount of hydrocortisone. Nothing else had made any difference in how I felt, but in desperation, I decided to give it a try. Since I immediately felt considerably better, it seemed likely that my adrenal glands were not producing enough cortisone. We checked.  I had a blood test which showed that my body produced "no detectable level of cortisone". It was conclusive, I had Addison's disease.

One of the best places for information on Addison's Disease can be found at the UK Addison's Disease Self Help Group

I also have found Dr. Wilson's work very helpful


Also



http://adrenalfatiguesolution.com/addisons-disease/

A person pointed out "Saliva test is best to determine your cortisol level and to see what to take to treat your adrenals. "  See Dr. Wilsons site. I have heard that Saliva testing can be very reliable, but not all doctors accept it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment