Sunday, December 11, 2016

Addison's Suport Group

I have been asked about a Support Group for people with Addison's Disease. This is a very helpful Self-help group with practical, experience based answers. They also have wonderful articles on their site. I have used their information as my guide book. Here is the link.

http://www.addisons.org.uk/index.php/index.html

Dr. Thomas Addison was the doctor in 19 century England who discovered the disease we now call Addison's disease. There has been a lot of support in the UK for many years.

4 comments:

  1. Hi. I am new to this site. My 30 year old daughter has Addison's, for the last 15 years. Her adrenal glands are 100% destroyed. She has too many problems to even post here. But, for the last 5 days, her joints are terribly painful. She has had a blood test for the most common, other Autoimmune Diseases and was negative for those. Are there any rare Autoimmune Diseases that causes joint pain?
    Thanks in advance.
    -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see email and "Can Low Adrenal Cause Muscle and Joint Pain?"

      Delete
  2. How do you go about finding out if you have addisons disease? Should I go see an endocrinologist? I have many of the symptoms but the only thing that has popped up on my bloodwork was high potassium. My blood pressure has always been low so that isnt alarming to my dr. Thank you for advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see "Tests for Low Adrenal Function" and post "How to know you have Addison's Disease"

      Delete